Information & Links
- Download demo (722 kB)
- Created with Game Maker 5.3 – 640 x 480 windowed
- Project work time: July 2, 2004 – July 3, 2004
Fireworks Demo was created using Game Maker 5’s new (at the time) particle effects. Though I am not really a big fan of Game Maker’s particles, I had to at least test them out. After a lot of trial and error, I created a system of particles for the star, house lights, and of course, the fireworks. The demo was finished just in time for the 4th of July, 2004.
Once the initial system was created, I added lots of different options to the scene, to really let the user play with it. This is one of only two projects in which I utilized particles (again, at the time), but I did enjoy their ease of use and speed. Creating a scene like this would be a nightmare of slowness with objects / instances!
- The entire demo was coded in Gamer Maker’s Drag & Drop system.
- The lights in the hill background were inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog 3’s Carnival Night Zone.
- Want to challenge Game Maker 5.3’s speed? Hold down ENTER to continuously spawn fireworks, and watch the ensuing slide show when they all burst!